Video Transmission and Delivery Coordinator
Job Title: Video Transmission and Delivery Coordinator
Company: Dragonfli Media Company
Date Posted: April 15, 2019
Reports to: Director of Digital Broadcast Media
Type: Full time with benefits
Established in 2018, Dragonfli Media Technologies is a media technology, marketing and events agency, connecting clients with consumers through brand strategy, storytelling, and content delivery. The company has an extensive list of client partnerships including Facebook, Sony, Netflix, Instagram, Major League Rugby, Lexus, Toyota, and Red Bull.
To support our growing Digital Distribution team, the Digital Transport and Delivery Coordinator will be responsible for creating digital media deliverables and packages in several formats for film and television content. Technical knowledge of digital media and its core components, including video mezzanine formats, audio, metadata, subtitles, closed captions and artwork if necessary. Tasks may include video and audio editorial; transcoding and encoding; frame rate conversions; video repairs and restoration; audio conforming/retiming; subtitle reformats; metadata XML creation/editorial; quality control.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, possesses a flexible attitude, and adapts quickly in a fast-paced environment. In addition, they must be able to work as part of a team that deals with changing priorities and workloads. Attention to detail and efficient multitasking is mandatory for the Distribution Encoder role.
- Experience with audio and video program editing, conversion, compression, encoding equipment
- Ability to learn and utilize various audio and video production tools (audio/videotape machines, compression systems, encoders, decoders, converters, pre-processing systems, etc.)
- Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving RTMP, HLS, UDP & MPEG-DASH technologies.
- Experience using software, hardware encoding equipment such as FMLE, OBS, VMIX, Wirecast, Teradek, LiveU, etc is a plus.
- Experience using non-linear editing and captioning software such as Adobe Premiere and After Effects, Apple FinalCutPro X
- Cultivate and maintain clear lines of communication with team and clients
- Perform Quality Control (QC) on all content before delivery
- Adapt quickly to dynamic situations common in the live broadcast environment
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
– Evening and weekend work often required
– Must learn on the job
– Occasional travel
– Health and dental benefits
– Flexible schedule and PTO (with approval)
– Powder clause
– Commensurate with skill and experience
To apply for the position, email resume to Jessica Kunzer at email@example.com.