Grassroots Marketing Rep – Running
Job Title: Grassroots Marketing Rep
Company: Dragonfli Media Company
Date Posted: January 3, 2019
Project: LaceUp Running Series
Reports to: Project Manager, LaceUp Running Series
Project Summary //
The Lexus LaceUp Running Series is Southern California’s premier running race series. With events throughout the greater Los Angeles area, LaceUp connects runners with the thriving running communities present in each city. Whether attending Orange County, Ventura, Palos Verdes or Riverside, participants will enjoy a post-race brunch and Sierra Nevada beer toast in a lively Health and Fitness Expo. Scenic running courses are complemented with tech tshirts, high-quality finisher medals, complimentary race photos, music, and more.
Position Summary //
The Grassroots Marketing Rep’s primary role is to attend running race expos, running store events, and running club events to promote the LaceUp Running Series. This is a part-time, remote position. Hours vary per week based on event schedule.
Responsibilities // (include but are not limited to)
• Represent LaceUp brand and attend event expos in Orange, Ventura, LA, and Riverside Counties (estimated 10-15 annually) and running club/store events
(estimated 15-20 annually)
• Coordinate with project manager to develop expo calendar
• Manage and store expo inventory (equipment, swag)
• Communicate with project manager to order new materials when necessary
• Clean banners, tablecovers, etc. when necessary
• Communicate effectively and foster team building
• Lift heavy objects (50 lbs.)
• Work weeknights, weekends and long hours during events or where applicable
• You are required to attend and work various Southern California running races (Surf City Marathon, OC Marathon, Mountains to Beaches, Long Beach Marathon, etc.), all LaceUp races, and various other running events. Attending these events on behalf of LaceUp may prevent participation in these races.
• You are expected to have an operational computer with Microsoft Office and a functional cell phone.
• You are required to have transportation to and from events.
• You are required to store equipment and materials.
• Mileage, per diem, and lodging (when necessary) will be provided during travel/event days.
To Apply //
To apply for the position, email resume to Becky Hall at email@example.com. Please include relevant professional and running/endurance experience.
Project Website: www.laceuprunningseries.com