Job Title: Video Streaming Technician
Company: Dragonfli Media Technologies
Date Posted: March 9, 2022
Reports to: Digital Broadcast Manager
Job Type: Full time with Benefits
Dragonfli Media Technologies is a marketing, media and event production agency connecting brands to consumers through storytelling. With more than 20 years of experience working for some of the world’s most recognizable brands, we bring a highly qualified approach to raising awareness for our clients. Our team of full-time staff members is comprised of creative marketing minds, seasoned project managers and innovative digital media and video production professionals. Our passion and experience in a wide range of categories allow us to create dynamic and memorable experiences that redefine consumer interaction with our clients’ brands.
The company has an extensive list of client partnerships including Facebook, Netflix, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, Chase Sapphire, Toyota, and Red Bull.
Dragonfli Media is looking for a full-time, experienced Video Streaming Technician to work on a variety of projects in our live media sector. This position is based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
To support our growing Digital Distribution team, the Video Transmission and Delivery Coordinator will be responsible for creating digital media deliverables and packages in several formats for film and television content. Technical knowledge of digital media and its core components, including video mezzanine formats, audio, metadata, subtitles, closed captions and artwork if necessary. Tasks may include video and audio editorial; transcoding and encoding; frame rate conversions; video repairs and restoration; audio conforming/retiming; subtitle reformats; metadata XML creation/editorial; quality control.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, possesses a flexible attitude, and adapts quickly in a fast-paced environment. In addition, they must be able to work as part of a team that deals with changing priorities and workloads. Attention to detail and efficient multitasking is mandatory for this role.
- Operate and maintain streaming equipment
- Book captioning and downlink facility and remotely access and operate relevant equipment
- Ensures technical success for all Live broadcasts
- Setup, integrate, and operate Live streaming equipment in video production environments
- Interface and coordinate with technical producers and project managers
- Use software, hardware encoding equipment such as FMLE, OBS, VMIX, Wirecast, Teradek, LiveU
- Use non-linear editing and captioning software such as Adobe Premiere and After Effects, Apple FinalCutPro X
- Cultivate and maintain clear lines of communication with team and clients
- Provide consultation to internal customers for upcoming live streams
- Perform Quality Control (QC) on all content before delivery
- Implement and troubleshoot all aspects of signal flow in venue spaces
- Adapt quickly to dynamic situations common in the live broadcast environment
- 3+ Years of experience in broadcast or live streaming
- Understanding of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) along with the applicable support and delivery methods over IP involving RTMP, HLS, UDP & MPEG-DASH technologies.
- Experience with audio and video program editing, conversion, compression, encoding equipment
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Excellent communication skills – both internal and client facing
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud software a plus
- Familiarity with video cameras and equipment is a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and clients simultaneously, often in complex environments and under pressure
- Evening and weekend work is often required.
- Willingness to travel to events and projects
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- All employees shall provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and agree to comply with any and all client and/or project specific testing or screening protocols.
- Health and dental benefits
- Flexible schedule and unlimited Paid Time Off (with approval)
- 401k with company match
- Commensurate with skill and experience: $45K-55K DOE
To apply for the position, please email a resume to Sean Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.